Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello Bloggers

This being my first post i am not sure how to start. I am 19 a single mom of a wonderful little boy Grayson Michael. He was born March 1st 2008 at 5:47 p.m. via c-section. At 28 weeks pregnant i developed preeclampsia and was hospitalize for about a week. When released from the hospital i was put on bed rest. Without asking the Dr. at 35 weeks i thought that i would just run and get my hair cut real quickly not realizing that it was the trip that changed my life. My water broke in the car so I was rushed to the hospital. I was strapped up with all kinds of monitors. My doctor had an ultrasound tech come and she found that his umbilical cord was on his shoulder. I was put on pitocin to induce labor. But then after being put on my side his heart rate started to drop. After i was checked my Dr. decided that i was not dilating and his heart rate was just continuing to drop. So i was rushed to the o.r. for and emergency c-section. Once Grayson was delivered and cleaned I only got to get a peak of him before he was taken to the N.I.C.U to be checked. He weighed 4 lbs 7 ozs and was 18 3/4 inches long. My doctor said he was stuck in my birth canal. I was so scared not knowing if he was going to make it. All i could do was sit in my room the first night and pray to God to save my little boy. Grayson spent a total of 8 days in the N.I.C.U and i know i should thank God it was not longer but they were the longest 8 days of my life.


Now almost 2 years later (wow that is scary to say) he is happy healthy and ffffffffuuuuullllllll of energy. He keeps me going that is for sure. I never knew you could love someone as much as you do your children.


Well I guess i better be going for now. If there are any questions you have don't hesitate to ask i will do my best to answer them all. I am going to try and figure out how to put pictures on here wish me luck!!!! Hope to hear form you soon

Jessica and Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment